5.19.2008

Tagged

I was beginning to think my life was boring because it seemed everyone had been "tagged" except me. :)  I also got tagged by another friend for a different set of questions, so I'll start working on those. 

Here is information about me that perhaps you don't know yet...

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had just finished my freshman year at Auburn University. (Has it really been 10 years???) I had just been selected SGA Director of Campus Organizations and was asked to stay on campus for the summer to introduce Camp War Eagle attendees to the various activities available to them. You should have seen my parents' confused faces when I tried to explain that I was staying at Auburn for the summer but wasn't going to be taking classes. I had to earn money to cover my rent, so I began my first waitressing job at Niffer's. (Actually, that was my ONLY waitressing job.) I was hopelessly head over heels for a guy who definitely did not have the same feelings. :) I think the theme of unrequited love sums up my four years in college. But I like to think God was protecting me from broken hearts and "relationship baggage" as much as possible until I would meet the man to whom I would vow my everlasting love and commitment. I had been a Christian for just over two years, so I was participating in a summer Campus Crusade for Christ Bible study and soaking up truth with passion and vigor that I wish I could recapture and possess permanently.

5 things on my to do list today: 
1. go to grocery store
2. finish unpacking from our trip to NC and SC
3. pick up a book I ordered (I probably would have saved more money by having it shipped to me rather than spending gas money to drive to the bookstore. Speaking of what was going on 10 years ago, does anyone else recall buying gas in Auburn at 97 cents a gallon?)
4. buy a teething ring for Carter
5. write some thank you notes

5 snacks that I enjoy:
1. Cheese (any kind, any form..except cheese whiz)
2. Dark chocolate (I specially love Dove chocolates)
3. strawberries
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
5. Stacy's multi-grain pita chips

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Give - above and beyond what we now give to our church and our friends who are in ministry; to our families; to mission organizations that I truly feel are making a difference; to kids in need of college scholarships. I have always thought it would be fun to send out anonymous checks for thousands of dollars.
2. Save- for our kids' college funds, for retirement, for rainy days, for my shopping fund (clever how I snuck in my spending under saving, huh?) :)
3. Build our dream home (although, I would spend so much time and heart designing and decorating that I would probably be too attached to it and would be devastated if it was ever destroyed by a fire or tornado.)
4. Start a travel fund so our family could travel each year. We would bring family and friends on different trips. I would love to visit every state in America as well as Italy, China, Israel, Australia, Africa, and Canada.
5. Hire a Christian financial coach to keep me from spending too much money and becoming very materialistic. I am sure it's a slippery slope!

5 Bad Habits:
1. Repeating myself....especially when I am upset about something. For some reason, I feel the need to vocalize my thoughts every time they come to mind again.
2. Winking. When I feel like my mascara has caused my lashes to stick together, I blink my eye in an effort to make them separate. Weird, I know. This has led to some embarrassing situations. i.e. When I took an SAT prep course in NJ, the instructor stopped in the middle of his lecture to ask if I was winking at him!!!
3. Spending money on things I don't need. A few years ago, I stopped going to mall or the Summit to waste time because I knew I would be tempted to buy something. The problem is that when I finally need to go make a purchase, I have in my mind that I have been really good at restraining myself and end up "rewarding" myself with more items I never needed. My current weakness is cute outfits for Carter. The boy is growing faster than I can spend money, so I do not need to buy anything else!
4. Buying fresh vegetables with all good intentions of eating healthy and then letting them go to waste in the fridge.
5. Slouching...you would think that as a former dancer I would have great posture, but I managed to pick up this bad habit over the last few years. If I would just straighten up, suck in, and roll my shoulders back, maybe you wouldn't notice the baby weight I am still carrying. :)

5 places I have lived:
1. Sparta, NJ - growing up, age 1-15
2. Alpharetta, GA - moved there my junior year of HS and only visited several times once I left for college. It's a great area but the traffic is horrific!
3. Auburn, AL- for college. Dorms for 2 years, and the Chi-O mansion for 2 years. I stayed at Auburn for grad school too.
4. Birmingham, AL- born here and then moved here after grad school. I lived in Hoover when I first moved here, and now we live in Homewood.

5 jobs I have had:
1. Snack Bar employee at the Sparta Cruiser Swim and Tennis Club (I LOVED me some mozzarella sticks!)
2. Radio disc jockey for Mix 96.7 in Opelika, AL. I was not cool enough to be a dj....let's just say that my first few broadcasts were at 6 am. :) I just didn't have the lingo and pop culture expertise to be very interesting. I worked there until I began grad school.
3. Dance instructor in Roswell, GA and then Auburn, AL. I taught ages 3 through adult.
4. Marketing and Public Relations for the Alabama Ballet.
5. Marketing Coordinator at Cooking Light magazine (my last job before I began seminary full time.)

I want to know more about (you're tagged):
1. Natalie Roe
2. Stacey Prentice
3. Anna Rooks
4. Sarah Armstrong

post signature

4 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

Let me know if you can't find my address when you are sending out anonymous checks... :)

thebarronfam said...

Cute! I didn't know you were a waitress at Niffers...

Melissa said...

Ditto on all of your snack favorites. Man, I can't even eat milk chocolate anymore. I am too spoiled by dark!

Sarah Armstrong said...

I also had no idea you worked at Niffer's!! And thanks for tagging me - but if you go to my blog and look at the post 100 things you may not know about me I actually answered these questions toward the end. (I got tagged and was running out of ideas for my 100 anyway so I used the tag questions to help me get to 100!)