4.23.2009

Definition of a Homemaker

I just found this quote and wanted to share it with those of you who sometimes feel that your job is not interesting or important. Look how well-rounded and accomplished we are! I needed to hear this after last night's incident of scooping more bodily waste out of the tub. :)

"The most creative job in the world involves fashion, decorating, recreation, education, transportation, psychology, romance, cuisine, literature, art, economics, government, pediatrics, geriatrics, entertainment, maintenance, purchasing, law, religion, energy and management. Anyone who can handle all those has to be somebody special. She's a homemaker."

Richard Kerr quoted in Homemade, February 1989.

Have a wonderful day!!

post signature

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Abby Euten said...

Love this! Thanks so much!!!

Katie said...

amen! thanks for posting this

JJ said...

Hey Kelley ! i copied your quote and put it on my blog too :) and i linked to you. hey can you email me your home address? thanks so much!

Abby Maddox said...

LOVE the quote, and I am so sorry I haven't written you back about the books yet...things have been crazy, but is it too late??

Emily said...

Hey Kelley!
I found your blog from Karen's page and I see from your list of blogs that you know Amy Stapler. I am good friends with her--maybe we have met at one of her showers??? I enjoyed our swimming lessons! Carter is adorable!
Emily Mann