7.03.2010

Wedding Weekend Recap






Last Sunday, when you asked Carter what Uncle Stuart was doing that day, he replied, "Gettin' MARE-eed!!!!"
We had driven up to Greenville, SC on Friday and enjoyed a rehearsal dinner that evening. By the way, I am IN LOVE with downtown Greenville! Such a neat area!! Saturday, following a rehearsal at Glassy Chapel on top of a mountain, Noelle and Stu's friends and family enjoyed a sunset, cocktails, and toasts to the bride and groom. Take a look at how beautiful the chapel and view are...

I wish I had taken a picture of the inside. Many of my pics were taken on my camera, so I'm sorry the quality isn't the best.

Grace and I met my parents and Carter in Spartanburg on Sunday morning to visit my paternal grandmother, Mimi. She was so thrilled to meet Grace! Grace still won't go to anyone else, but she blew lots of sweet kisses to her great-grandmother. Grace was ecstatic to see her "guh-guh" again, and it was cute to watch them.
The wedding took place at 6 pm on Sunday night, and it was a gorgeous ceremony. Noelle looked stunning. Stuart choked up when she came down the aisle. And the most beautiful image of the night was them walking out the chapel doors as husband and wife with the sun shining toward them in a way that created an amazing silhouette. I know one of the photographers had to have caught it on camera!

Here are a few pics (from my phone) that were taken during family photos after the ceremony. I wish I had a closeup of Noelle and Stuart together, but here are a few candids.
Noelle with her parents
Stuart, Noelle, and her parents
Scott and me (you can see my beautiful MIL in the right corner)
Scott holding the very important marriage license for his twin bro and new sister-in-law!

Grace did GREAT staying with my mom and Carter in the hotel on Sunday night. I actually snuck out (against general advice) because Grace screamed when I tried to say goodbye another time that weekend. I think she thought I was in the next room the whole time. She had fun and went to sleep well, so I was SO relieved. And surprised, to be honest, given how clingy she had been the whole weekend.

Carter had an awesome time in NC with GrandMary and Papa and raved about their picnic that Saturday evening at a park where the symphony performed. Mom said he sat entranced when the music began. The other day, he told me, "I love music!"

I should have pics of the kids from last weekend to come soon. They're all on other people's cameras.

Happy July 4th weekend!!

No comments: