2.03.2011

Happy Birthday Carter!

Remember this lil' guy?
How can it possibly be that my little man turned 3 last Saturday and now looks like this?
At 5:40 am on January 29th, Carter came running into our room exclaiming, "It's my birthday!!" No one had to tell him...he had been waiting for this day for weeks.
My parents were in town, and when my mom asked if she could sing him Happy Birthday, he replied, "No, my kids are going to sing to me later." He also later referred to his pals as "my people." :)
His other humorous comment regarding turning 3 was this: "I'm three, Daddy. I'm a grown up now."
For two weeks straight, all Carter has wanted to wear is his Auburn football jersey. He has no idea that they just won the national championship title. He just knows that he wants to play football. :)
And somehow he came up with the idea that he HAD to have a football helmet.
And now he won't take it off.
We wrangled the kids in our laps to try to capture some family pics. These days are fleeting, and we don't want to forget them.
Here are Grace and Carter with Papa and Grand Mary.
Carter with his Aunt JuJu
Carter and Grace with GramMe and Sam
Carter, you amaze (and humor) us daily with your wit, thoughtfulness, energy, stubbornness, language, comprehension, and passions. We can't imagine what the next year will bring. But we eagerly anticipate it while also trying desperately to hold on to our sweet memories of your first 3 years on this earth. Thank you for blessing us every day with your life. We love you!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a darling little boy!! happy birthday!

Brittany said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Carter!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe our boys are going so fast?!?

Hope things are going well, miss ya!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Carter man!!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Precious. His "my people" comment made me giggle!!!

The Hamiltons said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!

Katie said...

happy birthday, carter! noah just turned three yesterday... i was so sad by how fast our little men are growing. but what joys!

check out my latest blog post and pass the word along about little Vera to your network of adoptive parents. i am determined to help spread the news about her...

love, katie

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Fun to catch up with you on here, Kelley! And I have a funny story for you...

I was at my boyfriend's house over Christmas (Josh Miller, his parents are Tony and Abby) and I glanced at y'alls Christmas card, but all I really saw was Scott and Grace. It took me 2 more times over there to put it all together and figure out it was y'all!