10.18.2011

Blaze of Glory


Today was an exciting day for Carter.

For months, he has been infatuated with police officers, firefighters, superheroes, and even security guards. In other words...any person who "does good things and protects people." Last week, I was crowned with the best title my 3-year-old son has ever bestowed on me: "Queen of the Superheroes!" I was very flattered, and even more so when Carter said that he was going to protect me from all the monsters and bad people.

So in light of Carter's love for all things heroic (which, by the way, are even more impressive for C-man if it involves a cool costume or uniform), Sam and GramMe coordinated with the local firechief to schedule a visit for their grandson.
And out of sheer luck, I found these today at Target. PERFECT to complete Carter's fireman suit since he was fixated on dressing up for his special engagement.
I also found this adorable fireman raincoat. An unnecessary purchase but one that I couldn't help making once the inner kid in me was awakened.


A tour of the station, a look at a real pole (one of few that still exist in stations today), a chance in the driver's seat of the truck, a touch of a fire axe, and many more details are burned into Carter's memory for his lifetime. And what could top off such an amazing experience? Watching the men respond to an emergency call! The guys headed out in the truck with lights and sirens going full force, and Carter's eyes gleamed with admiration and adventure. Thanks Sam and GramMe for such a memorable afternoon!

P.S. Thank you to all of you who left suggestions for recovery services in the post below. I haven't tried any of them yet but plan to do that this week. I appreciate all your help and kind words! :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh...my...goodness. :) What an amazing afternoon and memory for Carter! Those pictures are priceless! The expression on his face - I love it. I see a future fireman. Unce Ivan will be so proud. :)

Lindsey said...

What a fun activity! Grandparents are the best!

Mary Lynn said...

What a special day that was for Carter and GramMe and Sam. LOVE the pictures! Carter looks so grown up - he's not a toddler anymore.