9.15.2010

The ER Visit

We have lots of catching up to do! So Grace's visit to the emergency room... here's how it all went down.

It was the morning of Labor Day, just before 11 am. We'd just gotten home from a relaxing weekend at the lake. Carter and Grace were playing in the den, and as they were running across the room alongside each other, they collided. Grace rebounded off of Carter and went face first into the (rounded) corner of our coffee table. I watched the whole scenario unfold right before my eyes...horror!

Loud screams, gushing blood, a tiny hand clapped over her eye, and I really thought Grace had severely damaged her eyeball. I could soon see that she had bust open the outer part of her eyelid.

I remained pretty calm when Carter bust his chin open on the bathtub, but this time I panicked. My inlaws rushed over to stay with Carter while Scott and I drove our little girl to the emergency room at Children's Hospital.

Three hours, lots of frantic phone calls including one to a plastic surgeon at our church, a screaming and scared child, and six stitches later, we were on our way back home. The cut was pretty deep, but Grace was jumping around and playing like normal by that evening. The stitches are all out now, and the wound looks really good. It will leave a scar, but hopefully a minimal one.

I have a picture of the open gash, but I thought I'd spare you that sight in case you get woozy. Here's sweet Grace recovering from the traumatic day with a tasty treat at the kitchen table. (Her blue snack cup conveniently covers the blood that was covering the bottom half of her top!)
She was back to her tricks and stunts the next day. And she now thinks "stickers" (aka bandaids) are a part of her daily wardrobe. :)

6 comments:

Prentices said...

Oh she's just so cute - bandaid and all!

Katie said...

Goodness! I hate she went through all that trauma and had to have stitches!

Kim said...

Poor baby. And poor mama.
But she still looks cuter than ever!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Deann Scholl said...

Well she is BEAUTIFUL with or without stitches and "stickers"!!! I am so thankful that she is okay and made a quick recovery. Isn't it amazing how fast they bounce back?!?

A Mother's Love said...

Oh goodness, I am so sorry y'all went through that, but glad she's okay now. She's getting so big and she is so beautiful.

Thinking about y'all - the "other" Kelley...ha

tutusandchoochoos.blogspot.com

Ericka B. Jackson said...

HOW SCARY! So glad she's ok. She needs some Disney Princess bandaids (I have some! haha!) ;)