5.13.2011

LOA is here!!!!!

After an unusually long and distressing wait, our LOA has finally arrived!!!!! Our social worker called today, and I was practically in tears when I heard the news. I am just now getting a chance to post this because I am in Louisville, KY for the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VII. And we've been gone from the hotel since 6:20 am this morning with no access to a computer. I can't wait to write more about the Summit, but for now I just wanted to share our news before I crash in bed. Thank you for all your prayers and encouraging notes as we've waited.

Our next steps involve approvals to specifically adopt Caroline from the Department of Homeland Security, then some steps at the US Embassy in China. And THEN....then we will await our travel approval to go get our beautiful girl.

Happy Friday!!!

13 comments:

Blake said...

This makes me so happy!!!! I have been looking for the news. One big step closer to your beautiful daughter. Praying that it is speedy!

Carrie Barrow said...

SO HAPPY to see this post!!! Praying the next steps will be quick:)

Kim said...

Singing Hallelujah's from Hong Kong!
Please keep us posted on your travel plans. I don't want to miss another chance of meeting face to face!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Cindy said...

Fantastic news! I hope it moves quickly from here.

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!! I am so very happy for you. Praying that this part of your journey goes quickly!

Julie said...

Great news! Continuing to pray!

Shonni said...

I am ao happy for you!!! Praise the LORD.

Prentices said...

Yayayayay! Finally, so happy to hear the news!

Joel and Lee-Anne said...

You're HERE IN LOUISVILLE!>!>!>!>!>!>! I had no idea!!!!!!! So wish I could have met you :):) Praising God for your LOA!!! :):) One HUGE step closer!

Susan said...

WAHOO!!!! sooo exciting!!! call me when you get back - I miss you!!!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful news!

The Alexanders said...

YAY! We are so happy it finally arrived!

Lindsey said...

Now THAT is a praise! LOA checked off the list...one step closer! Praying the next steps of the journey fall into place quickly!