5.15.2011

While I was gone...

While in Louisville for the Orphan Summit, I was gone from the kids for 3 nights...the longest I've ever been away from Grace. But Carter and Grace did just fine. Here's a precious email Scott sent me after the first morning of me being out of town. Hope it makes you chuckle too.

"So, what have you missed? Glad you asked. Grace slept in her bed until about 4:00. I then heard her crying at her door. She was sitting on the floor carrying her book ("Feet are Neat"), her pink blanket, two "ca-cas," two lovey bears, and her computer, I think. As I got closer, I understood exactly what she was saying in her cries, "I'm stuck, I'm stuck" because she couldn't get back up while carrying all of her necessities. Priceless.

Carter had gotten in bed with me sometime earlier in the night -- I don't exactly remember when; maybe 2:45. So I placed Grace in bed with him and went to do some work. About 30 minutes later, I heard them making noise and went in to check on them. I told them to go back to sleep. Carter asked if I was going to stay with them. Grace told me not to stay with them; "Daddy, you sleep in my bed."

After the kids got up -- around 5:30, they asked to watch tv. Carter wanted to watch Little Bear -- then thought for a moment asked for Movers. Grace,of course, asked for Kai Lan. We decided to do Movers and then Kai Lan. As I started the latest Movers episode, Carter asked for the Holiday Movers. Thinking he wanted a Christmas one, I said I am not sure we have that one -- he said, "we watched it yesterday." I asked what it was about, he said "about Mom." So they watched the Mother's Day Movers.

And finally, as I type this, Carter keeps asking, "When is Mommy getting up? What time is Mommy going to be home? Is Mommy going to be home tonight?"

Anyway, we miss you. I hope all is well.

Love,
Scott, Carter, and Grace

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so funny and so sweet! Good memories being made in all these sweet snippets of time.

Danielle said...

Hey! I received the towel a few weeks ago and am just now able to send my thank you! So sorry we've been busy, busy. Thank you , thank you , thank you! We love it. Such a great ministry too. We were also at the Orphan Summit. Sorry we didn't bump into eachother! Take care.