12.14.2008

Carter's 1st Thanksgiving

While the 11-hour drive to Cary, NC was rough, it wonderful to see my parents and spend Carter's 1st Thanksgiving with them, as well as with Courtney and her husband, Ivan. Here are a few highlights from the visit...
My sister, Courtney, made delicious pumpkin waffles!! I love anything with pumpkin, and these were especially good.Carter with his Aunt Coco. Somehow, Uncle Ivan managed to avoid being in all of our pictures!
Dad carving the turkey. Jackson was very interested in what was going on on the countertop. (I think my dad was secretly giving him pieces.)Carter with his Papa

Of course, the day after Thanksgiving, I pulled out the Christmas attire! :) I bought several outfits last year after Christmas when they were on sale with the hopes that Carter would fit it into them this year. We've had to lower the buttons on a few things, but so far so good!
Though my dad's birthday is December 18th, we went ahead and celebrated it while we were all together. My mom made her famous cherry pie. I think Carter thought the song was for him. :)
Loving his sweet potatoes!
Carter with Papa and GrandMary
Papa and Carter watching football. Carter looks very concerned for Auburn (and rightfully so!).

On the drive home, we stopped in Spartanburg, SC to see my grandmother, Mimi. Carter didn't sit as still in her lap as he did the last visit, but he brought Mimi smiles nonetheless.

And finally, here is a video of Carter hamming it up and making his silly face. Because he knows it makes people laugh, he often does it unprompted. And at complete strangers! And the longer he does it, the more dramatic the face. :) He has his hand in his mouth most of this video, but you'll get the idea.

post signature

No comments: