8.02.2009

Carter on the Farm

Well, I finally got our pics from Kentucky to load! Two weekends ago, we went up to Scottsville and Bowling Green to visit Scott's extended family. We had a great time, as always! And this year, Carter was old enough to really take interest in the different aspects of living on a farm.
He liked (pretending) to drive the tractor with Mike.

I just had to get a picture of him on the tractor with him wearing his smocked tractor jon jon, so we re-created the moment. :)

Mike took us out to see the cows.
I just loved this picture. They have barns and buildings scattered over their miles of land. It's beautiful to be out there!
Mommy and Carter
Carter's face when he saw some more cows.
We visited the cemetery where many Brown descendants are buried. This is the headstone of my father-in-law's oldest sister (whom they called Lil' Ginny) and whom our future adopted daughter, Virginia Grace, is partly named after. It was neat to discover that she had the same birthday (Feb. 19th) as me!
Uncle Doc was celebrating his 87th birthday! Carter went up and patted his arm, saying "Doc, Doc." It was precious.
Carter got to be up close and personal with Iowa, Mary Jane's horse. And you can see Joan in the background of this picture. (and yes, both me and Carter were still in our pjs)
Mary Jane held Iowa still so Scott could seat Carter on the back of the horse.

Carter even got to take a spin on a four wheeler. Check out his facial expression that says, "Look at me, Mom. I am a stud!" (You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can get the full effect.)
Les showed him how everything works.
Carter was feeling pretty cool.
Carter loved swimming at Tommy and Catherine's house. His (3rd??) cousins, Meyer and Sam, were also splashing around with him. We're missing pictures of so many of the relatives there, but it's clear to see that Carter had quite an adventure in Kentucky and will be ready for more excitement next year!

post signature

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hey girl!!

Love the Kentucky pictures!! Looks like you had a great time! I LOVED our visit!! Thank you for dropping by......it just warms my heart when I think about actually being able to hug you after all this time. What a friend you have been! Thank you!


p.s. I need to post our picture soon!! Let me get through his birthday first!! For some reason, I've been really sappy lately about him turning 2!?!?!