12.22.2009

Angel Unaware

Look what I just picked up for Virginia Grace's room! Liz Landgren painted this beautiful work of art just for us. When I look at it, I imagine that God has commissioned an angel to watch over our little girl until she's with us. I also think of her birth mother symbolically pushing her forward on the swing to a better future than she felt she could provide. I just love this painting so much!

Liz also did a similar one for my friend Emily who is in China with her husband now! They got Lia Kate on Monday, and she is just precious. We've been Skyping a bit, and I was literally caressing Lia Kate's cheek on my computer screen. I just wanted to reach in and hold her! You can find the link to their blog on my sidebar and follow their journey.

Have I mentioned that all I want for Christmas is our LOA? (aka Letter of Approval and next big step we're waiting for.) Santa, PLEASE!!!

9 comments:

Stefanie said...

That is so lovely... what a special piece of art to have in your daughter's room!

P.S. If Santa is bringing your LOA, maybe he'll throw my TA into his big ol' sack of goodies! :)

Have a blessed Christmas!

Carla said...

Praying you get that LOA soon! You and another Lifeline family (they're adopting Adrian at New Day). :)

Amy said...

Beautiful painting, and I love the tie comments about Carter in the post below. He is getting to be such a cute big boy!! Merry Christmas!!!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your thoughts on the painting... we will pray for your LOA for sure! Pray for the Owen family too - they are dear friends and supporters adopting a sibling group from Uganda (up to 4 children!) I love hearing these stories about adoption, they just make me SO excited!!! Love ya'll!

Andrea Young said...

I have been wanting to paint something for our baby's nursery...I used to do that but I feel like I have to wait for our referral to be inspired! I love this painting and what it means to you!!!! PRECIOUS!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany said...

Can't wait for your LOA!! Keep us updated! :)

Hey girl!

Just a little FYI:

Since I went private with my blog, it will no longer update on your side bar when I have new post. Therefore, just click on "The Richey's" to see the latest entry.

One of the downsides of "privacy"!

Have a good 1st week in 2010!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.