12.22.2009

A Tie for the Toddler, Please

Carter is really into routine and loves following Scott around as he gets ready. A typical morning conversation with Scott as he walks out the door goes like this:
"Keys?"
"Yeah buddy, I've got my keys."
"Wahhet?
"Yep, got my wallet."
"Watch?
"I have my watch on."
"Case?"
"Yes, here's my brief case."
"Car? Work?" (with an extra hard K at the end)
"Yeah, I'm heading down to the car to go to work. Learn a lot, grow a little. And be good for Mommy today."

I never have to worry about leaving without my purse because my little guy makes sure to ask me about it.

When Scott gets home and heads to the closet to change out of his suit, Carter likes to pick out a shirt for him to wear. He also likes pulling out all the belts and ties so he can be just like his daddy.(In case you're wondering and are concerned...Scott was not wearing that tie, or any tie, with that shirt. He put it around his neck to get it away from Carter since it's one of his nicer ones. Just had to clarify! :) )One tie won't do it... he must have 3 or 4.
I guess Carter thinks getting dressed is a hard process because he looks pretty worn out. It's okay, Bud, I sometimes feel the same way after leaving my closet.

3 comments:

Prentices said...

Such a funny post! That picture at the end is priceless, and I can totally relate too.

Brittany said...

Love this post! Too cute :) Ties are fascinating for little ones!

I adore the last picture too!

Alicia said...

He is too cute! I love how organized he is, too!