4.12.2011

One Year in Our Arms!

Today is one year since we met Grace and became her parents! We can barely believe it's been a year since that miraculous day. In honor of that day, I've reposted the link to her adoption video. The video and pictures captured so much more than I could put into words or recall.

http://vimeo.com/13781080

Last night, Grace and I sat in bed and watched her "Forever Family Day" video together. We hadn't watched it in months. I wish I had videotaped her because she had a running commentary going the whole time.

"Baby Gace!"
"That you Mommy!"
"Daddy, Mommy, Gace!"
"Daddy being silly."
"Baby Gace crying."
"There Guhguh!!" (Chinese word for older brother)

She wanted to watch it repeatedly. Some moments, she was very serious and contemplative. Other times, she laughed and smiled. What warmed my heart was her repeated statement "Mommy, Daddy, Grace!" said at every picture of her with us on Gotcha Day. We probably watched the entire video eight or nine times. (Yes, we were up way past bedtime!)

I will have much more to post later today. I'm finishing a letter to Grace, and I'll post some more pictures. But we're off to celebrate, eat some authentic Chinese food, and enjoy the gift of our beautiful daughter.

Thank you to all of you who traveled this journey with us, left countless notes of encouragement, and prayed us through moments both of difficulty and of joy. It's been a year we'll forever cherish.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a joy to follow this journey to China and back!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Amber said...

YAY! What a special anniversary! She is a beautiful daughter. So neat to see God's plan unfolding and perfectly bringing your family together from all over the world. Congrats!

Cat said...

Wow! This is just amazing and makes my heart smile SO big! The post itself made me cry, so I know that the video is going to have me sobbing! off to check it out now. Blessings and happy anniversary! xo, cat

Brecca and Hank said...

Happy Day, Brown family! What an amazing year to reflect back on. I can't wait until we can do the same with our daughter. What a special year it has been and we are so thankful to have been nearby to watch. Now to walk in your footsteps. Yipee!

Melody Lietzau said...

Happy Forever Family Day! Doesn't a year go by so fast and they feel like they have always been apart of the family. What a blessing.

Melissa said...

We love you, Grace! So happy your a part of such a beautiful family.

Liz Barnette said...

Happy Family Day! I followed your journey when I was recovering from surgery for breast cancer last fall. God used your blog to encourage us in the call to adopt and we have been home from Korea with our daughter for 2 weeks now Just wanted to share how God used your family to help bring another child home!

Andrea Young said...

HAPPY 1 year gotcha day!!!!!!!! What a SWEET day to remember...and this melted my heart friend watching your video again!

Lindsey said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Soon you'll be getting to celebrate yet another gotcha day!!