11.09.2008

Nine Month Photos

My friend Charissa Hanson is starting up her photography business-- Studio H Photography. We went out to Aldridge Gardens to capture some shots of Carter at nine months. We hadn't had any professional pictures taken since he was 2 weeks old!

Charissa got some really great shots, but I don't think Carter is cut out for a modeling career. While he's always fighting for me to put him down so he can explore and prefers to stand rather than sit, he decided on this late afternoon that he wanted to be held. No buts about it. Here are just a few other things that happened just minutes into the session:

1) One of his buttons across the top fell off and slipped down through the cracks of the bridge. This was the first time he'd worn the outfit! Sweet Charissa photoshopped it back in so you can't even tell.

2) In trying to capture a picture by the lake, I would set him down and jump a few feet away to stay out of the frame. About the fifth or sixth time, as I jumped away, he fell over backwards and rolled down the slight incline onto a rock!! He was scared but okay. I was definitely shaken. I remember looking backwards and thinking he was going to continue rolling off the rock into the water! Lesson learned.

3) He tried to eat the grass. I think I pulled grass out of his mouth and wiped snot from his runny nose the entire time. My pants went straight into the wash when we got home!

Here are a few of our favorite pictures... you can find more on Charissa's website:
http://hansoncj.googlepages.com/home





post signature

3 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

hey kelley
those pictures of carter were so cute. your friend did a good job. you got some really good shots even with all the disasters on picture day. it does help that carter is so sweet and cute.
ashley

Prentices said...

Well these just could not be more precious! Great, great shots! And he makes a very handsome male model. :)

Love the 9-month update too. Can't believe he's saying Jackson!

Katy Agnew said...

He is precious!!! I love the one where he has his mouth on your shoulder and all you can see are his eyes and nose. SO CUTE! Hope y'all are doing well!