1.03.2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It's crazy that Christmas has already come and gone. What a whirlwind! We spent this year's Christmas in Birmingham, and my parents came from Raleigh to stay with us. Scott's parents live here too, so it was great to be surrounded by family.

We felt so joyful and blessed, particularly on Christmas morning. And I want to thank those of you who reached out to us through comments on our Glory Baby post, or through phone calls and emails, just to let us know you were praying for us. I truly felt your prayers, as my "fog" of sadness lifted very quickly, and I was able to really enjoy Carter's first Christmas. I also felt God's presence very strongly. I am so grateful for all of you who have and continue to pray for complete healing and a 2009 miracle. :)

As you can imagine, with all of our parents and siblings in town, we have no shortage of pictures. :) So I have tried to keep the posted pics to a minimum. Here are some highlights....
Carter in his reindeer outfit smocked by Aunt JuJu
On Christmas morning, everyone (minus Courtney and Ivan) came over to witness Carter's first glimpse of his gifts from Santa.The rocking horse was a hit!

As was his chair. (Although he now likes the chair for climbing purposes. I thought walking came first??I would definitely prefer that!)Carter and DaddyCarter and MommyOh goody! More chew toys. "Look how big I am!" (Carter with Uncle Stu)
Grand Dad watching Carter the cowboy
Later that day, we headed to Gram Me's and Grand Dad's for more gifts!Carter especially loved the talking bear that my mother-in-law had bought him. It reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas." Carter just stared at the bear at first. Later, he enjoyed trying to clamp its moving mouth shut and also sticking his fingers in the mouth to get munched on. :)

He also loves his new wagon! (And if you're wondering, yes, I did get in trouble with my husband and dad for putting our little guy in tights. But he's still a baby and can wear this, right??) :)Carter and Uncle Stuart (Scott's twin)Carter and Aunt JulieTaking a break for lunch and wearing his new reindeer bib from Gram Me!On Friday, we celebrated Christmas with my side of the family (my parents and Courtney & Ivan). Here is Carter with his Aunt CocoMy parents gave him a little school bus. He hasn't yet figured out how to use his feet to make himself move forward, but he likes all the fun buttons and sounds.

Carter with his Grand Mary at Aunt Coco's and Uncle Ivan's house. We went there for some yummy snacks my sister whipped up. Our family can make meals out of appetizers!
Carter with his Papa

Now on to 2009 and an upcoming special birthday!! Actually, two upcoming special birthdays: Carter's 1st and my 30th! And we're excited about both! For some reason, I have been looking forward to turning 30 for several years. :)

Happy New Year to all of you!

post signature

4 comments:

Natalie said...

YES definitely! (to your question about the tights) They arent babies for long, so let them be BABIES!!! :)

The Hamiltons said...

As your Northern friend I would say a big no, except maybe for a christening. But he's so cute, he can get away with anything. How can I get his aunt to smock something for Lexi? Can't find styles like that very often here in CT. Does she ever outsource her work on request?! Seriously, Alexis's only smocked dress so far is from a friend in Louisville.

Brittany said...

Happy New Year to you!!!!

Carter is PRECIOUS!!!! I want to seriously squeeze those cute little cheeks!! Carter and Layton got the same presents for Christmas - exact same horse, same reindeer bib, and same Pottery Barn chair!! We must think alike! :-)

I hope that January is going well so far and that you feeling optimistic about the upcoming year! Praying that it will be the best for you and your beautiful family!! :-)

Anna said...

I love the pic of him in his bib smiling! So cute!