10.05.2009

Definitely Not a Baby Now!

Carter on Saturday morning.....
Carter on Saturday afternoon!
Thanks to the encouragement and great advice from you moms out there, we took the plunge (or more accurately, AVOIDED one) and transitioned Carter from his crib to his big boy bed last weekend.

I made a big deal about it for several days, even getting out his fish-themed bedding (that I ordered from Pottery Barn a year ago when on sale!) to get him excited. Whenever we mentioned his new big boy bed, he smiled and exclaimed, "FISHIES!!"

I have been holding off on posting this because I didn't want to jinx ourselves...with the exception of getting out twice on Saturday afternoon before his nap, Carter has stayed in his bed. (The actual bed - the headboard and footboard- were Scott's and are being sandblasted and painted, so there's not anything at the end of the bed to keep him from simply sliding down to play.)

Is our little active, stubborn, and mischevious boy really gonna make it this easy? I'm skeptical. But for now, I am a happy mama.

Thanks to all of you who posted advice and experiences. It made the transition a whole lot less stressful. :)

post signature

1 comment:

Alicia said...

OH! I can't believe he stays in and everything! I'm afraid Caroline would destroy her room:) He looks so big and grown up in that bed...love the fish, so cute!