7.08.2010

What to Say

I know...I have been a horrible blogger over the last couple of weeks. It's been really busy. But mainly, I just haven't really had anything to say or share that would seem interesting. I've been trying to use my spare time to catch up on some reading, make Grace's Gotcha Day video (aiming to be done August 1st), and just get plain organized. The last 10 weeks have been full of joy as we've assimilated Grace into our family and worked to provide a safe and secure environment for her. But I also feel very disconnected from everyone and everything. I miss church. I miss playgroup. I miss friends. I miss reading blogs. I miss having spare time to myself. But I know it's a season. And I don't necessarily want to wish this time away.

Going from one to two kiddos hasn't been nearly as difficult as I had imagined, but I definitely don't seem to have the same number of hours in a day. I am going to take a small blogging break (I'll post about once a week) until I reach some of my goals and complete some projects that are begging for my attention. Thanks for hanging in there with us! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally get it. Take your time, get assimilated!
Kelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com

Kim said...

We totally understand.
It does get easier.
I promise!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Deann Scholl said...

Oh how I will miss pictures of your precious children, but I understand how exhausted you must be. I hope that things will settle down and that life will get easier! Many prayers coming your way!

B-Mama said...

You are so wise to remind yourself that this is a season. We had to do that over and over again after adding child #3 because it was such a hard and exhausting time. Give yourself a break and know that every day you are approaching your new "normal". That normal will also get easier over time. (This is just as much a reminder to myself now after #4!!!) Many blessings to you all and continued prayers!

Joel and Lee-Anne said...

Hey Kelley!!!! Your post is only a glimpse of what I am about to feel!!! We are headed to China very very soon, probably early August!!! I know coming home and having a six year old and 2 two year olds is gonna rock my world but it will be SO worth each and every sacrifice!!
Good for you for taking a blogging break and prioritizing :) That can be so hard to do.....
Going from 2 to 3 very soon!!! www.nateslittlesister.blogspot.com.
Much love

Ashley said...

Hey Kelley! I didn't realize y'all had gotten your precious daughter! Somehow your name came up when I was talking on facebook to Melissa Jackson (we went to HS together) and she told me...so happy for y'all! I guess it wasn't too long after I saw you at Stacey's bday back in February! Anyways, Virginia Grace is absolutely adorable! Congrats!