7.23.2011

"Lead Me"

First of all, a thousand thank yous for your words of encouragement and affirmation. I teared up a few times because I don't at all feel inspirational, equipped, or successful in my parenting. But on the upside, these feelings have driven my prayer life to a new level.

A few mornings ago, I heard a new song on the radio. It's called "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real. I immediately fell in love with the melody and lyrics. It's written from the viewpoint of a husband and father, but the concept also relates to the feelings and prayers we have as wives, mothers, friends, caretakers, servants, and more. The words are so real, particularly for men. I downloaded and played the song this morning for Scott, as I know he feels so much responsibility and pressure to work hard, provide for his family, love, play, and lead our family.

Here is the video from YouTube. Listen to the lyrics, and I promise you will be touched.


2 comments:

Natalie said...

I've loved that song since it came out too. So wonderful. Thanks Kelley :)

Vicky said...

That was beautiful! I had not heard it, thanks!