9.20.2011

Heaven

Last night, I was with some friends while Scott was at home putting the kiddos to bed. He sent me an email with this sweet conversation:

"So, I asked Carter if he wanted to say anything to God tonight. He said yes. He then asked how people got to heaven if no one held their hands? He asked if Jesus' arms were long enough to hold his hands? He asked if he could go to heaven? He asked if God was in Heaven? He asked what did heaven look like?

I told him that to get into heaven, we had to love God and Jesus and believe in Him as our Savior. He said, "I love God."

Pretty cool conversation. Although I felt sad at then thought of Jesus reaching down and taking our son to Heaven, Carter had a big smile on his face at the idea. I know I should be happy of the thought as well - and I would be. I think I would be sad because it would mean that this world would be just a little less like heaven."

It's amazing when kids begin to grasp the concept of God and heaven. In some ways, it's difficult to explain the indescribable in terms understandable to a 3-year-old. But their little minds seem to go to places in full faith that our adult minds just can't seem to venture. I am excited (and grateful) to see where these conversations lead!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

honestly its my favorite part about him growing up so far. his complete innocence in questioning/reasoning/accepting it all provides quite the accountability partner for me!!!

:)