9.24.2011

Six Years


Six amazing years since the day I married my best friend and love of my life.
Happy Anniversary Scott!

Here are the some of my favorite memories of that sacred day when I became your wife:
Seeing each other for the first time that day
A few quiet moments together before the ceremony


Preparing to walk down the aisle with my dad
Going from "Kelley Michelle Brown"....
....to "Kelley Brown Brown" :)
aka "Mrs. Scott Brown"

Being surrounded by our families and closest friends
Praying with my bridesmaids minutes before the ceremony
Our first dance to "At Last"
You dancing with your mother
Gaining a brother and sister
Julie's toast to us in the reception video that all of our "ups and downs be under the covers." (That still makes me giggle.)
Seeing my beautiful mom glow with joy and pride
Toasting champagne with my mom and sister as they tied up my train
Seeing MaMa (who is now 93) boogie on the dance floor
Leaving the reception in a sea of rose petals
Heading off on our honeymoon
And realizing we had years ahead of us to walk together.

Scott,
In some ways, the last six years have sped by. On the other hand, this is the first time I've looked at our pictures and thought, "We looked so much younger then!" :) The last six years have held many joys: Breckenridge, Jackson Hole, seminary, you becoming partner, the birth of Carter, the adoptions of Grace and Caroline, our new home, the gain of a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law, and moments I'll always treasure. Even working through the grief of each miscarriage and talking about that glorious day when we meet our seven additional children in heaven, I couldn't imagine a more sensitive, selfless, generous, supportive, and loving man to endure those hard times with. You are the most upstanding man I know, and seeing you become a father has been one of the best blessings of my life.
I'm know we will have more heartaches and trials to endure, but we've learned we can do messy and difficult when we face it together. And there's no one else I'd rather chase dreams with than you. So here's to many more messy, challenging, joyful, laughter-filled, family-bonding, sanctifying, unforgettable years as husband and wife.
I love you Mister!

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Happy Anniversary!

While I was looking at your beautiful photos, I was thinking she hasn't aged a day since her wedding!

Kim said...

What a beautiful bride. Beautiful wedding. And beautiful life you two have created!
Happy Anniversary!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous bride and still gorgeous! Happy anniversary, y'all are awesome.

Melissa said...

congrats, friend! love the pictures.

it's so strange that i wasn't at your wedding, and you weren't at mine. i'm so glad that we've gotten to know each other during this stage of life.

love you!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary Kelley! You were a beautiful bride! Congrats on 6 years! You should tell us how you and Scott met (unless maybe you've already done that in a past post)!

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding looks like a beautiful happy day!