4.08.2009

Easter Eggs and Bubbles

This past Saturday, Dawson Baptist Church in Homewood held an Easter Egg Hunt. The event not only included egg hunts every 15 minutes but also had pony rides, train rides, food, flower planting, cookie decorating, face painting, bubbles, and more! And the best part...it was all FREE!!!! (Well, except for the food.)

My friend, Stacey, and I took our sons, Ben and Carter. Scott also tagged along with us and took pictures. :)


At first, Carter wasn't too sure how the egg hunt worked. The 2 and 3-year-olds scooped up all the eggs before Carter realized he could pick up more than one.
But he was so proud of himself when he found one!And tried it out for taste too.


"Ooh! I have a SIPPY cup in my basket!!"
Carter's favorite part by far was the bubbles.
He got up right in front of one of the bubble blowers. Within seconds, his hair, face and arms were coated in a nice layer of sticky bubble formula. (And that was his bath for the day.) :)

Enjoying a train ride with Stacey and Ben.

We're going to practice egg hunts around the house this week so he'll be a pro. He already loves to put objects in boxes or baskets, so I just need to teach him how to look for the eggs.

Happy Hunting!

post signature

3 comments:

Prentices said...

Poor Mr. Ben is having a hard time in both those shots! Carter on the other hand is hamming it up, so cute! We'll have to let them have a rematch with those eggs after this weekend. :)

Lindsey said...

LOVE IT! I have been at home with my niece this week and I can't tell you how many times we have practiced for the egg hunt. I have a feeling we will be finding eggs long after Easter is over!

Brittany said...

Carter looks so cute! I can't believe he is wearing sandals! I'm so jealous - I can't wait to break out Layton's sandals for spring! :)

Hope you guys had a great weekend at the lake!