12.01.2010

Somebody turned TWO!!!


That's right! Our baby girl turned two years old on Thanksgiving Day! We were at the lake with family, so we celebrated there and then had a small birthday party when we got home that Sunday. I think Grace's favorite part was blowing out the candle.
She had me relight it several times so she could blow it out over and over again.
Her party had a Kai-Lan theme, and I have to thank my sister for sending me a link months ago with ideas for it. We had little fortune cookies for the guests...
Kai-Lan party blowers...
a Happy Birthday banner I ordered from Etsy....
Chinese lanterns...

and of course, lots of gifts.
Grace actually discovered her baby stroller when she woke up from her nap before the party. This has been, by far, her favorite present. She will literally make laps throughout our house for 30 minutes at a time while she pushes her baby doll.

Grace had a blast celebrating with cousin Cece, and friends Lia Kate and Hannah Grace.
Lia Kate came home from China last year on New Year's Day. Emily and I can hardly believe our daughters are really home with us now!
Cece loved modeling the Chinese dresses I had for the girls. (We bought a bunch of the traditional dresses in different sizes while we were in Guangzhou.)
Carter even dressed up himself, and thought he was pretty cool. He ran through the family room doing karate chops and kicks. :)
He also loved playing with his cousin Graham.
Grace ended up getting overstimulated by the attention and gifts. She decided she just wanted to play with the first few gifts received. So Carter (eagerly) pitched in to help me unwrap the rest of the presents.

So now, until January 29th, 2011...I have TWO 2-year-olds. :) I know that down the road, I'm going to really wish I could revisit these days.

Happy 2nd Birthday Grace!!

13 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Hope you have a wonderful year being TWO!
Love, Miss Katie
:-)

Andrea Young said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!!!! SO fun that you'll have 2 two-year-olds for a bit!!! We have the SAME thing with Isaac and Frank! They were both 1 from August to November! It sure if fun out in public when people ask how old they are! I think I need to fill that gap in the middle...don't you;). LOVED these pictures and can't wait to hear more about sweetie #3!

The Hamiltons said...

Happy Birthday Grace! She looks so excited about her cupcake, and I love the pic of the girls in the traditional dresses.

Happy Holidays to you guys. Love all the holiday magic that comes with having a toddler :)

Ashley Matteo said...

wow i cant believe she is already two! so cute and i loved all the chinese outfits.

Carla said...

She and Sarah share a birthdate, well the month and date only 1 year apart. :)

Happy Birthday Grace!

Kelly said...

I found your blog from We Are Grafted In...my "twins" just turned 4 (late summer, early fall). Our girls are 3 months apart through adoption. We brought Lindsey home from China in 2007 to meet her 8 month old (biological) sister! I feel your pain and joy!! :) Your blog pictures brought back many memories!! We just started our blog this year as we began another adoption journey, this time to South Korea.

Great to "meet" you!!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! She is still adorable as EVER! ;)

Joel and Lee-Anne said...

Kelley - a very belated happy birthday to Grace :):) I am just now able to catch up on my fav. blogs :) I did not realize that we are in the same boat - having 2 kiddos very close in age :) Our girls are 3.5 months apart :)
Much love and Merry Christmas

A Cup of Cold Water said...

kelley,
though i only know you through your blog, i read this and had to share it with you in light of your daughter on the way! :)
http://cornbreadandchopsticks.blogspot.com/p/honours-story.html?spref=fb

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Ohmygosh - those costumes are BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy Birthday Grace! :) xoxo

Alicia said...

Just now checking this:) Happy 'belated' birthday to adorable Grace! What a fun party!

By God's Design said...

Such a cute party!!! So fun to see our girls celebrate their first (2nd) birthdays this year! What a blessing?!

Amy said...

Hey Kelly, I have been meaning to leave you a message. We have a common friend, Rebecca Scott. Anyways, we are adopting from China as well. I had a question for you. Can you email me at askwaters1@yahoo.com. We have a lot in common and just wanted to talk.
Thanks!
Amy