8.20.2009

First Day at "School"

To get Carter excited about his first day at "school" (aka Mother's Day Out) yesterday, I introduced him to his own little backpack. We had been given this bag when he was born, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for him to use it. He immediately latched onto the word "backpack" and recited it all day long. As you can tell in these pictures, he didn't need any prompting to hold out and show off his new bag. He held it up like that all on his own!
I think the first day went okay. He whimpered a bit when I left and ended up snoozing for 30 minutes or so (we're still working on the one-nap-a-day transition), but he babbled and even sang(??) all the way home so he seemed to have fun. I think he was trying to recite some rhyme for me that perhaps they learned.

He didn't eat much of his lunch that I so carefully packed. As long as he isn't snatching food off his buddies' plates and indulging in all the good foods that his allergies sadly deny him, I guess that's okay.

The only negative? He came down with the stomach bug and we were up all night! Not sure if he really got it at school since that would have been a pretty fast response. I'm just praying Scott and I get spared this time around!

post signature

6 comments:

Melissa said...

He's such a big boy!!

Prentices said...

well thank goodness for this awesome blogging streak you're on so that we can stay in touch since the phone tag is continuous this week!

These pictures/posts are so cute. I hope tonight is a more pleasant one in the Brown house!

Brittany said...

What a big boy! :)

I think he is the cutest thing!!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

gosh he is cute kelley!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about the bug!! that will be us day one i'm sure! love, dana

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, he is too cute!!!! Those curls...I love it. I'm glad he seemed to enjoy his friday day and I hope he feels better soon! Love, Aunt CoCo

Courtney said...

Ooops, I meant FIRST day! =)