1.05.2010

Christmas Highlights

Despite spraining my ankle and spending Christmas Eve morning in the ER, and trying to deal with my son's total rejection of his mother (more on that to come), we enjoyed a peaceful, yummy food-filled, Mexican Train Dominoes-dominating, family-loving, Christ-adoring Christmas. (And yes, those were the main themes of our wonderful visit to my parents in Cary, North Carolina.) Here are a few highlights through pictures...Carter loved the life-sized (well, his-sized) Nutcracker.
Carter stacking blocks with Papa.
Reading a new book with Daddy.
More hugs for the Nutcracker!Santa Claus gave Carter a Thomas the Train tent.Inside was a book and a fireman's hat with a siren (that doesn't turn off unless you switch it off! What parent-hating person designed this thing???)The tent was a hit!With his fireman's hat and doctor's kit, our little guy was prepared for any and all emergencies. (Too bad my clumsy fall happened two days before...I could have skipped the ER.)This was the first outfit I smocked for Carter. Okay, so it's the only one I've smocked so far. I made him wear it every day. :)

My sister, Courtney, and her husband Ivan. Aren't they a good-looking couple? They also play a mean game of dominoes. Have I mentioned that we spend HOURS playing Mexican Train Dominoes? At practically every family gathering? It's addicting.
Carter, Scott and me
Mom and Dad gave us a tea set for Virginia Grace. It will look so cute on her little white table!
In the Charlotte airport, passing the time during our layover....
Yes, I know...he gets his dramatic streak from me.

We celebrated Christmas with Scott's family on January 2nd. Pics to come soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun to see your Christmas Pictures!

The Thrashers said...

Loooove your necklace in the pic of the 3 of you!!!! Also, can't believe you smocked that outfit for Carter!!! Awesome!