5.17.2010

Just Being a Family

For the first weekend since we've been home with Grace, the four of us were able to enjoy some fun time together. With baby showers, birthday parties, Mother's Day, and Scott catching up on work, the last few weekends didn't leave much margin for family time. I loved having the whole family together!

We took a trip to the zoo...
painted with watercolors outside ...
(Grace's leg being the masterpiece)
enjoyed running through the sprinkler and playing on the deck...
learned how to say hi and bye while opening and shutting the door...
watched KaiLan A LOT... (Grace likes to stand in front of the TV so she can sing and dance when the music starts)
and gained an infatuation with sunglasses...
We also went to the park, explored a nature trail, and shopped together at Target (where Carter, who was seated in the back of the cart, proceeded to take all the Kotex pads out of the box and spread them around when Scott and I weren't looking. If only I had a picture of that.)

Despite all four of us having colds/allergies and dealing with several minor accidents (it seems falling down is what toddlers do best), we were loving life and thanking God for these two precious faces.

6 comments:

Deann Scholl said...

I would say you have A LOT to be thankful for. You are correct...those are "TWO PRECIOUS FACES!!!"

Thank you for sharing your journey. It is really an encouragment to me.

Brittany said...

She is just beautiful, I LOVE the last picture! :)

I am glad that you guys got to spend some family time together, just hanging out!

You are so blessed Kelley!

Dawn said...

I so look forward to your updates! Your children are beautiful! It makes my husband and I so much more excited to be a family when we see the joy in your pics.

Bradford said...

Oh Kelley and Scott, We are soooo happy for y'all. Grace is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love teh pictures of all 4 of you together and I love seeing the fun your kiddos have in your home. Y'all are awesome parents. God is sooo faithful!
Bradford

Unknown said...

You didn't have your camera at Target to capture that moment? Come on now, lady! :) Nice to hear you are enjoying the simple moments together.
Kelly

Design A-Peele said...

I crave weekends just like this. Even with just my husband now...until we have a baby to join us! Thanks for being so faithful to blog and let us know how y'all are doing. I look forward to it daily!