2.19.2011

Aged to Perfection

No, I'm not talking about cheese. Or an expensive bottle of wine. "Aged to Perfection" is what my birthday balloon says and was given to me by my sweet husband. Not sure if it's a hint that things are downhill for me from here or if he's saying he believes I can top perfection next year. :)

When Carter asked how old I am today, I told him I was 32 and explained that it's a three and a two. His response was, "We're the same!!! Me and Grace are 3 and 2!!" Sure buddy, if that's how you want to look at it. :)

We celebrated Chinese New Year today at the Chinese New Year Festival in downtown Birmingham. Grace loved the dancers, and Carter devoured the Chinese food. Now that he has outgrown his egg allergy (milk and beef allergies remain), he has a lot more options when it comes to eating out. (Sorry for the poor picture quality...most of these photos were taken with my phone.)
It is just beautiful weather outside, and we enjoyed walking through Linn Park.
Check out Grace's pigtails up close! Aren't they cute? Yesterday was the first day I've fixed her hair this way since it's finally grown out long enough. Carter said that she looked "just like Caroline." In all the pictures and video we have of Caroline so far, she is wearing pigtails. And I thought that was so sweet that Carter made that connection.
I will do another post with all the funny things the kids are doing and saying these days. I haven't done a good job of recording those things this last year, and I can't always trust my memory. There's no denying that I'm aging and that my warrior and princess are probably partly responsible for the gray hairs popping through. But if I'm aging anywhere close to perfection (and for those who don't know me, yes I'm joking), I've got to credit the influence of my husband and kids. If I've got crinkles in the outer corners of my eyes and lines around my mouth, then you know I've been doing lots of smiling.

1 comment:

Ericka B. Jackson said...

I love her pigtails!!! What a sweetie. We saw a Chinese Dragon on Chinese New Year here -

(video on my blog: http://erickabjackson.blogspot.com/2011/02/100-days-in-thailand-day-16-biscuet.html)

Happy Birthday from Thailand!