2.17.2011

The Call

I have so many updates to give, and I'll try to get those posted with pics in the next week. The last couple of months have been absolutely wild with moving (twice), starting the part-time job of my dreams (more details to come!), Carter's 3rd birthday, a big women's retreat at church that I was helping with, and the FLU. I have never been so sick in my life...five days straight in bed either asleep or eyes closed because I was too ill to even look around the room. But thankfully, no one else in the family got it. We're finally getting settled into our new home, and the seemingly foreign days of normalcy, routine, and predictability are returning. Actually, when is life with toddlers EVER predictable?? Scratch that one. I am so very sorry if I have not responded to emails or comments or even phone messages. From right before Christmas until the last week, I was just juggling too many balls, and I dropped a good many of them, I'm sure. I promise I'm not normally that scattered and flaky!

So more posts are coming. But in the meantime, I wanted to share this poem that I saw tonight on a "Forever in your arms" adoption video and then on a blog. It brought tears to my eyes, and to my husband's as well when I ran the laptop over to him so he could read it. The words hit so close to home and beautifully illustrate the experience of our call from God to adopt Grace and then Caroline.
"The Call"

Every call has a beginning...
A quiet moment when God whispers a promise to a mother's heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him.

A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns...
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold.
A gentle knock...a closed door opens.
A sacred invitation sent by the Father...
Leads to the other side of the world.

Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care.
And then one morning...
On an ordinary day
An orphan's life changes...
God sends them a second chance...
Through you.

-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister told me about your new job!! Yes Amelia applied to do volunteer work a LL. She was so excited to see your name and pics of your kiddos on a desk. Can't wait to hear more.melissa