2.21.2011

More Firsts and Funnies

In an effort to better record some of the kids' milestones and memorable conversations, here is what's been going on in the Brown household.
Carter is married. Last week, he informed me he was getting married, and that the lucky bride would be Grace. A few days ago, he said this: "I got married, Momma! I got married to Grace. We got married in China and I wore a coat."
Carter is VERY into clothes, and changing them multiple times. His Auburn jersey makes it into the lineup at least a couple of times each day. He is still waking up really early (around 4:45 am) and often runs into our room chatting away and showing us which outfit he's putting on. This past weekend, he came in chirping, "Good morning Daddy! It's light outside. I love you! Good morning Mommy! It's light outside! I love you!" By the way, let me assure you that it is NOT light outside at 4:45 am.

Carter Man has also potty trained himself during the last week. We had worked on this last August, but he lost interest after a few days and totally regressed. This time, he's done it all himself. Now I know why other moms say to wait until your child is really ready! This is so easy!
Grace is also into dress-up. On a typical afternoon, she'll walk out of her bedroom from her nap with a tutu, Snow White high heels, sunglasses on her head, and LOTS of jewelry.
Grace loves to sing, and boy can that girl TALK. We still don't always know what she's saying, but she is verbal and more expressive than I ever thought a 2-year-old could be. She gives some looks and expressions that seem far beyond her years!

Grace is obsessed with Ni Hao, Kai Lan. In fact, that's the only show she wants to watch now. Carter is getting into superheros, likes watching Toy Story, and is still an Imagination Movers fan. :)

Carter has entered the inquisitive phase, asking "why?" incessantly. Sometimes I've gone so far off the initial question by answering follow-up "why's" that I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. Grace's favorite comments are "That's silly, Mommy!!" and "That's LOUD!"

I know there's more I'm missing. I really need to write down things Carter says so I'll remember them. It's just neat to hear 3-year-olds' observations and comments. Life is never dull through their eyes.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Precious post of precious moments.

Julia K. Denson said...

I love all of the updates! Please note I'm posting this at 4:45. :) yall might be up right now as well.

Natalie said...

isnt this age fun??? :)
{and equally trying!!!!!!}

Lindsey said...

Laughed out loud when I read your accounts...you're spot on. It's not a Monday without the Auburn jersey and lots of dress-up!!

The Watts said...

So enjoyed reading some of your blog. Interesting we are walking the same journey. Praying for your trip to bring home another daughter!