4.06.2010

I Love My Bed

I just wanted to say that. When I woke up this morning, I tried to savor the feeling of being stretched out, on my back, with a nice soft mattress and pillow. Once we fly out this afternoon, we'll be in the air or in airports for the next 24 hours!! And have I mentioned the flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong is 14 hours???? And have I told you that my husband is 6'5" and has long legs? Now you know what to pray about the next couple days. :)

In all seriousness, we're excited to finally embark on our journey to China. But our joy and anticipation has been mixed with sadness and motherly concern as we leave our 2 year old son. So far, he seems to be doing okay. This morning when he got up, he said, "Mommy....Daddy....get Grace." And he said it with a big smile. I think he gets it. Though he can't possibly fathom how long we'll be gone.So after I took this picture, I found our small carry-on suitcase in our bedroom!! I can't believe we almost left without it!

In the car this morning, a thought entered my mind. Scott and I are so excited about welcoming Virginia Grace as our daughter. While she may not be of our flesh and blood, we already love her so much. I wondered if God ever experiences this giddiness when He knows a person is about to become a child of His and experience His amazing love. While someone might be seeking, they can't possibly anticipate what they're about to experience. I can almost imagine the Lord smiling as He waits to welcome a lonely and lost "child" into his arms. As that individual accepts the gift of salvation, he or she takes on the name of Christ. And God loves them as if they're His very own.

Guan Xue Hua will soon become Virginia Grace Xue Brown. She'll take on our name and be called one of our family. I've never experienced a clearer pictures of God's plan of redemption and salvation. A second chance at life and love and intimacy.

We'll reach Hong Kong tomorrow around 5:30 pm US Central time (6:30 am Thursday morning in China). I'll try to post when we get settled in the hotel. I have been blown away by all the messages, comments, and emails you've sent our way. Thank you, thank you!! And as you enjoy the comfort of your bed tonight, think of us. :)

17 comments:

Darby said...

Kellie, I will be praying for you all... will you be updating while you are away? I hope so!!!! Can't wait to see her sweet face!!!

Stephanie said...

This is so exciting!!!! I'll be praying for y'all...and we missed you last night!

Jennifer said...

Couldn't be happier...you are FINALLY going to get your daughter...I can't wait to hear all about it. I am keeping up!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Constantly praying for you. Know that I will think of you, Scott, Carter, and Grace as I climb under my sheets tonight - and every night while you are away. I cannot wait for an update; blessing to you all.
*Please let me know if I can help with Carter - I would be more than happy to do anything!!!

Beth Goff said...

Praying for your journey! Thrilled for yall!!

Katie said...

thrilllllled for you. you have been on my mind/heart all day. praying for you guys as you unite with your sweet daughter. can't wait till she's in BAMA!

laura said...

kellie, you don't know me but i found your blog a few months ago linked from Joy's blog.... you posted something about kunming and it caught my eye.

I LIVE in KM. I know you said you would see Joy, but if you need ANYTHING please know you can call me. We do something similar to what Joy does. I have three kiddos (the oldest is 4) and have been in china for 9 years. We just finished our home study and a domestic US adoption is underway :)

So, not sure if you would ever call a stranger, but I would welcome the opportunity to help you out if you find yourself in need of anything! My phone is 132 1177 8312.

B-Mama said...

May God's hand be SO evident and clear as you all make this journey! Many blessings and prayers throughout... Can't wait to see you all united with VG!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! You have me in tears! So exciting! We are praying!!!

Fittsy said...

I'll be praying for you. We all agreed at dinner last night that this is so exciting. We can't believe it's here! And we prayed specifically for you and Grace.

May His grace and protection be with you, now and always!

Rebekah

AB said...

Wow! amazing perspective! truly a gift from God. you two have incredible courage!

The Alexanders said...

I got chills reading this!! I am so excited for you and Scott. I can not wait to read more posts about this amazing journey....especially for the pictures of you and Scott holding Grace.

Thornton's Well said...

Hey! We cannot wait to rad your posts. We are so excited for your family and praying for you all. It'll be a forever journey to Grace and a great respite of time together for you two as well. Love & prayers, Ginny & guys

Justin and Marcie said...

You don't know me but I saw your blog on a friend of mine's blog. You are such an inspiration and my prayers go out to your family. Be safe getting to China!

cehanks said...

Kelly and Scott, We will pray for a safe and easy journey--all our best!
The Hanks Family (Erin's sister)

Susan said...

just checking in...can't wait to see updates! I cannot imagine what you must feel like after your 24 hour journey!! been praying!!