4.08.2010

We Heart Hong Kong

What a great city!! It's 9:15 pm on Thursday night, and we've managed to stay up the entire day. For those of you who asked, the time difference is 13 hours ahead of central time.
Even though it rained most of the day, we had a great time exploring. First, we ate a huge breakfast in the hotel. Then I enjoyed the most wonderful massage I believe I've ever had. It was actually a "Jet Lag Recovery Massage," and I give all credit to the massouse for me still being awake after 21 hours. We then hit the town.
This is a picture of the harbor from our hotel. Because of the rain and fog, the camera couldn't quite capture how beautiful the view really is.
We took the Star Ferry across the water and then rode the tram up to Victoria's Peak, the highest point in Hong Kong. There are stores, restaurants, and all kinds of fun places to frolic in once you get up there. In an effort to conserve our money, we skipped the nice eateries up on the mountain and ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co instead. Our waitress told us to flip the tag when we were ready to order, and we soon noticed the tag said Alabama!! For just a few minutes, we felt close to home. :)
You can see the fog just sitting on some of the mountain peaks.
Here is a view from Victoria's Peak at dusk... you should see what pictures look like when it's not foggy and it's completely dark. They're breathtaking! But we were so grateful it had stopped raining at this point.
We made our way back to the hotel and watched the nightly laser show. All the buildings light up and additional strobe lights shine with the rhythm of music. Very cool!

We would love to have another day and night in this beautiful city, but we're also excited about getting to Kunming. Tomorrow is the day Grace will probably be brought back to the orphanage (if she hasn't been moved already). Please pray for her little broken heart, as I am certain she is missing her foster family and home.

So long Hong Kong! We hope to come back! Virginia Grace, we're getting closer darling!

19 comments:

GLS said...

So glad you were able to enjoy Hong Kong...looks like you all had a great time! Enjoy Kunming...look out for the scooters...they're everywhere!

Lindsey said...

Looks like y'all are making lots of memories...even with the rain!

Special prayers for your baby girl this morning!

Jess said...

Kelley, This is so fun to go on this journey with you! I love reading your updates! Please keep them coming and know there are prayers going up for you in Jackson, MS.

Carrie and Jordan said...

I love reading about your story!!! Thanks for the blog updates!

Kim said...

I am so glad the rain did not stop you all!
I am so excited for you all and can hardly wait for the next post from Kunming!
I will be covering you all in prayer!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Abby Maddox said...

That last sentence just gave me chills! She is SO CLOSE. It's hard to believe :) I've been keeping Lucy (my friend Whitney's baby), and I just keep looking at her and thinking how you'll be holding your own baby girl in your arms soon and praying PRAYING! Thanks for the updates, and I'm glad yall are having fun

By God's Design said...

Love the dusk pictures of the view! I am so impressed you stayed up so late on your first day. You will be adjusted to the time change in no time!

Jennifer said...

So exciting...soak it in!!!! Not much longer:)

Unknown said...

I agree w/ Abby - your last line brought immediate tears! I am so excited that you are so close now.
Praying for Grace this morning.
GrandMarna

Anna said...

I'm loving these updates Kelley! Praying for you guys!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Just prayed for Virginia Grace's little broken heart like you asked. Breaks my heart to think about it. I prayed the Lord will comfort her in her final days at the orphanage, and that the staff will love on her and that she will have peace while she waits for you to come get her.

Susan said...

Kelley, these pictures are beautiful! I'm sooo excited that you're so close to VG!!!! YAAAY!

Shannon said...

So glad ya'll are having fun. I am loving all of the daily updates :)

Amy said...

A little "babymoon" before # 2 is always great. I am so glad you are having fun! Enjoy the nice restaurants and "down time." Not going to be too much of that in the next few days..... :).

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

praying for you, scott, carter (your mom!) and grace!!! i love that you had a great time in hong kong.

i saw your mom at mb picking up carter yesterday. she looked great, and so did he :) she said everything was going great and he was holding her in a really tight hug!

i can't believe you're going to be holding your DAUGHTER in just a few days!

i love you!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures, even through the rain and fog. I'm so glad you guys had such an awesome time exploring! Saying a prayer right now for Virginia Grace. Love ya'll!!!

Sara said...

We love hong kong too! What a great city.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.