12.02.2009

Care Package


I am WAY behind on blog updates.... I meant to post this one a few weeks ago. We ordered a care package through Ann at Red Thread, as she is in China and has built a good relationship with various orphanages. She was able to have a cake delivered for Virginia Grace's birthday, but I don't think we'll get any pictures of the party they were supposedly going to have. Her orphanage/foster village rarely sends out pictures like other orphanages do. It makes me sad we won't have a record of her first birthday. I've seen pictures on other blogs of kids with their cakes, and I SO wish we could have one for our daughter's baby book!

Here is a picture Ann sent us of the care package that was sent along with the cake. There's a disposable camera, a cloth photo book with our family pictures, a donation of pjs, tea for the foster parents, candies for the other kids and nannies, a little panda bear, a lovie blanket, and a letter that Ann translated for us. We've been told that, unlike other orphanages, the gifts will probably not be given to our little girl until the day before she meets us. So she won't really be able to become familiar with our faces. I am hoping that just maybe they've given her the gifts already. They also say they don't give any gifts to the foster parents. (Can you tell I'm a bit frustrated with her orphanage's policies??) But I included the tea anyway.

Anyway, we are still praying that they might send pictures! A girl can hope. :)

No comments: