12.02.2009

Celebrating Virginia Grace's Birthday

Scott, Carter and I had a little party for Virginia Grace on her birthday. We videotaped it so that she can watch it one day and know that her family was celebrating her first birthday too! Here are a few pictures from that night...

Scott's sister, Julie, made this plate with Virginia Grace's birth date and initials. (She made one for Carter too when he was born.)
We baked an allergy-free cake so Carter could indulge. (I wouldn't really say that Scott and I indulged in it! At least Carter doesn't know what he's missing.)
Carter and Scott cheering for Virginia Grace!A little dress I bought her.
And some really cute PJs that have Chinese characters on them. (I guess I should figure how what they say!)
Julie bought this dress for her little niece.
This is one of the Asian dolls I bought for her.
And for the BIG birthday present....her very own table and chairs at which she can have a tea party upon her arrival home. (Carter has taken a liking to the chairs and has been found just chilling in one.)
It may seem like assignment of these items to our little girl's birthday is just justification for making so many purchases.... okay, so that's partly true. :) But we did want to make her birthday special, even if she doesn't learn about it until later on.

Happy 1st Birthday Virginia Grace!

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

What a sweet and precious idea!! I am just so excited for you guys. I have only had a daughter for a few days--but it is definitely different than having a son in a really sweet way--I can't wait for you to get to bring that precious child home. You are a wonderful Mom! Also, I am loving that Asian baby doll--too cute!!!

The Fokens Family said...

Happy 1st Birthday Virginia Grace! What a wonderful idea to show her one day! You are having so much fun with all things girl already.

Andrea Young said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! OK...for some reason though when I saw the sweet chairs...I started crying! My...this adoption journey just makes you an emotional mess! Just picturing her sitting at that table...but my heart wanting her to BE THERE RIGHT NOW celebrating! I can't WAIT until we have our babies forever home! Tell sweet Virginia Grace to reserve a tea party for our little man! Happy birthday sweet baby girl! Hold on sweet girl...your momma is coming! And you are going to have the most GRAND 2nd birthday party you can imagine I know!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Virginia Grace! You are already loved by so many! :)

Shannon said...

So sweet! I love the idea of throwing her a Birthday Party. I also love all her gifts. Especially the Asian Doll :)