6.14.2010

Crowned with Love

A few weekends ago, a sweet friend and her husband were in town from Michigan and stopped by to meet our family. Ericka and I are both Auburn Alum and also competed in Miss Alabama, and what we have in common even more is our passion for orphans. She and her hubby, Rusty, are missionaries (more details on their orphan care work to come soon), and it was enthralling to listen to her stories and experiences abroad.

Our kids were also enthralled with Ericka and Rusty, but for a different reason. The Jacksons came bearing gifts. Lots of gifts! Tote bags, books with cds, Chinese fans, hats, and more! And Ericka handmade this beautiful ribbon holder...
These 2 photos by Ericka

I LOVE it! All Grace's bows had been in a pile on her closet floor. :)

In addition, she painted this precious painting for Virginia Grace's room. She has followed our adoption story from the beginning and knows how much prayer, tears, and hope beyond hope went into the process.
Ericka and Rusty, thank you for sharing your amazing talents, faith, and service. We enjoyed your visit so much!! And we look forward to seeing how God grows your new ministry!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Kelley - I love watching Grace grow and become so confident. I also think the "G" bow holder is about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. You will use it for many years to come. Bows get bigger, then become barettes, etc. for a big girl.
Lia Kate's Grandmarna

Ericka B. Jackson said...

YAY! I'm so glad it worked! (I wasn't so sure since it was my first ever, haha!) I love seeing it with all her cute little bows on it. You are so very welcome - we loved our time with you guys! Give the kiddos hugs from me! Much love!

Elaina M. said...

Hi Kelley! I was thinking about what to get one of my special foster parents as a baby gift and remembered seeing the picture of the bow holder on your profile! I was secretly hoping that it came from an online store, but I see that it is an original that was made with lots of love!