6.24.2010

See Ya Later Alligator

Early this morning, we watched Carter ride off with my mom. They're heading back to my parents' house in Cary, North Carolina. It's funny to me that it was easier to leave for China for two weeks than it was to be the one at home waving goodbye as my son rode off. It's just harder when you're the one left at home. :)

While in China, Carter would say "No goodbye!" when we skyped. So we taught him to say "see you later alligator." This morning, I was one who didn't want to say goodbye! I've been away from him several times before, but it seems like he's all grown up to be heading off to his grandparents' house without us!

Carter will stay at my parents' house until Sunday when they'll meet us in Greenville, SC. Scott's twin brother, Stuart, is getting married this weekend, and we'll be heading up tomorrow. The attachment therapist said it'd be too risky to leave Grace three nights in a row (the rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night, a sunset cocktails party Saturday, and the wedding Sunday evening), so Stuart and Noelle have been gracious to let me bring the little miss to the events the first 2 nights. Then, my mom will keep the kids at the hotel on Sunday night during the wedding and reception. If you think about it, please pray that Grace will do okay. Because my parents don't live close by, she hasn't seen them very much. She still isn't to the point of security where she'll just let people other than Scott or myself hold her. And if she gets hysterical, it will take me 45 minutes to get back to the hotel because the wedding is in a chapel on a mountain. I'm praying she will be having so much fun with my mom and Carter that she'll be too distracted to cry.
This was Carter waving bye to us. He was so excited when he woke up this morning that he told my mom to "go get shower...get ready!" He's looking forward to seeing his Papa. I just hope he's doing okay during the 8 1/2 hour drive.
CarterMan, we miss you already! Grace has asked for "guh-guh" (Chinese for older brother) several times. Have fun with GrandMary and Papa!! We love you!

4 comments:

park it said...

2 words for mom - bubble machine (the battery one fm Target...) keep it close - and if she gets upset - she can turn it on - in the tub -(with a non slip mat or towel down) and her attention should be drawn to that - or she can hold her and just let them fly towards the shower/tub area (so the soap does not make a mess)
Good Luck
Carol in FL

Annie said...

We will be doing the same thing with ours next week. We are heading up to Auburn tomorrow, stopping in at Toomer's for some lemonade, then continuing on to Lay Lake for vacation! Then the kids will go home with my husband's parents to Mobile for another week after that. I will miss them, but I know they have so much fun!

JJ said...

I'm thinking about ya'll this weekend Kelley! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Katie said...

kelley, he will be fine! as will you be and especially baby grace. i will pray for a wonderful and blessed weekend for you all. enjoy every minute! love, katie