3.29.2010

An Update

Many of you have told me how you've anxiously been waiting for an update with news of our Travel Approval. Well, sadly we don't have TA today (even though we were supposed to.) But I didn't want to leave ya'll hanging. So here's the latest...

I talked with our agency rep this morning. She said our liason in China was told that TAs are going out this week. That means they could arrive in the mail on Wednesday. Or...they may not be sent out until Friday, which means we wouldn't get them until next Tuesday. The good news is that at least some are going out this week, as the CC@@ has only issued TAs 2 out of the last 7 weeks. And no one knows why. I am discouraged, to say the least.

So what does this mean? Well, our best hope is leaving next Wednesday, April 7th. However, since that schedule will put us in Guangzhou during the most expensive phase of the trade shows, we're not yet sure we'll be able to go then, even if our TA comes in time. We might have to wait until the rates go back down. And that will break my heart. You see, based on everything back in October, we should have been to China and back by now. But we've since had to deal with new US Hague rules put into effect, Chinese New Year, a few paperwork delays at the USCIS, the recent CC@@ slowdown, and the trade shows.

It's also frustrating that, while many families receive frequent updates and pictures of their waiting child, we have nothing new since November. If we'd just had one glitch to deal with, I think I'd be handling all this much better. But instead, I am exasperated, angry, emotional, and stressed. It's been good to vent with other mamas on the China Adopt Talk board, as we all have had moments of craziness and meltdowns together. ;) We're ALL about to lose our marbles.

I know God has perfect timing. I know receiving TA will still be joyous. But this wait is about to do me in. And with the change in travel scheduling, I may now miss some very important events in the lives of close friends. (i.e. the birth of a best friend's baby and her departure days later to the new state they'll be living in.) I have no idea if Grace will still fit in to all the 12 month clothes I have for her. By the time we get home, there's a good chance we won't be able to travel with her to celebrate my grandmother's 92nd birthday. All of these important dates loom before me, and I have to say that it's hard to fight back tears and not question God's plan here.

To top all this off, we learned this past weekend that there is a severe draught in Grace's province. Soldiers have been delivering bottled water because her foster village is in a rural area where they have to draw water from wells. I fear that she could be getting dehydrated, as many foster families will care for their own before the orphans. Will you please join me in praying for her protection? And that our TA would come in enough time for us to leave next week? And one more thing...that we'll somehow be able to find fares and rates that we can afford so we can FINALLY bring our little girl home? (and tears just hit the keyboard)

I am sorry this post is so negative. But ya'll learned long ago that I am transparent and honest on here. Any encouragement, Scripture, prayers, etc. are welcomed. I am trying to focus on the time I have left with Carter while it's just the two of us. And I am fighting to keep my eyes on Christ as we approach Good Friday and Easter Sunday, reminding myself that it isn't about me. It's not even about Grace. It's about Him.

Clinging to the cross,
Kelley

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Our TA was delayed last summer - first swine flu & then we had a glitch with our 800 approval. It's so frustrating - praying TA's start rolling in!

Oh....and our daughter was in 12 mos when we traveled - she was 23 mos old. So those clothes just might fit!

Samantha said...

I will keep praying!!

Prentices said...

Sending you an email, but please don't lose your marbles! There is SO much to look forward to - one day this will all be a distant memory and neither of you will remember life without each other.

I love you and wish I could fly you to China myself! Praying for that TA.

Jennifer said...

Hang in there, sweet friend!!:)

Unknown said...

I cannot imagine what you are feeling! I will pray that God will be your a rest for you! It will not be long until you are together as a family! I will pray that that day gets here really really fast!!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

PRAYING WITH YOU! Thanks for the update- I've been checking your blog everyday to see if you got your TA! Did you see the posts I wrote on your facebook? Check them out. Maybe the Abba Fund could help with the costs if you need to go during the 'expensive time'. (or, have you looked into grants for Shoahannah's hope? www.showhope.org)

If none of those work I bet your friends and family would be willing to pitch in so you can get there ASAP! I know we'd be glad to send you a little something if you need it!

Also sent you a link to a song, I think it would be good for your heart right now!

Lam 3:22-24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."

The Hoppers said...

I am praying daily Kelley!!!!

Adelle said...

I know this has to be such an emotional time for you, but just remember that even when we don't understand God's plan, it is still perfect and so is his timing. I know it's easy for me to say that when I'm not in your position, but I am praying for you, Scott, and for Grace! Have you heard the song "Unredeemed"? I don't know if it's a perfect fit for what you're going through, but I heard it on the radio the other day and it really moved me. You can find it on YouTube (it's by Selah) if you're ever in the mood for a good song!