4.15.2010

Farewell Kunming

It's hard to believe we've been here in Kunming, Virginia Grace's hometown, for a week.  We've enjoyed exploring and learning about her city so that we can teach her about her roots. And we know we'll come back to visit one day. 

It's sad to leave our hotel, as we feel like we've become friends with the employees here. The same women serve us at breakfast every morning, and we established a friendship even without exchanging much more than Ni hao (hello) and Xie xie (thank you).  This morning, one of them told us "see you later," and I hated that I couldn't communicate that we were leaving today. They have been so wonderful to us. 

Zai jian, Kunming... this place holds sweet memories for us.

8 comments:

Kim said...

More precious photos! Grace looks ready for all that lies ahead!
Looking forward to seeing the homecoming photos ahead.
Praying for your travel mercies!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

GLS said...

Great pictures!! We felt the same way when we left Kunming. Guangzhou is a whole different experience...get ready to shop!! :)

Unknown said...

Great pictures--what personality she has even evident in these few pictures! I cried when we left our daughter's province. I was happy to go to the next leg of our journey, but I too was sad to leave the place she had lived her whole life. I wished I could explore it more. I have to go back one day! Enjoy Guangzhou!
Kelly

Ashley said...

She is just precious and I LOVE her expressions!

Have a safe trip to Guangzhou!

Julia said...

Have a safe trip to Guangzhou! Your family is in my prayers!

Julia (Emily Giffen's cousin)

Stacey Carden said...

Are you coming home yet?!! She looks so happpy! She literally looks like a beautiful doll! I can hardly wait to meet her! Safe travels! Love you!

Kristy said...

I love this sequence of pictures. Hope everything continues to go well. Love y'all.

Thornton's Well said...

I'm sure it hard to leave her birth city, but wow. What an adventure you still have ahead and then, Home! She seems to be doing really great, such blessings.