4.11.2010

What you see in China...

...is lots of mopeds.


...and CRAZY drivers. There's no way to capture it on camera! We come close to colliding with other vehicles every time we ride in our driver's van.


...is HUGE flower markets.

...and blue roses. (Yes, they were dyed.)

...are downtown areas for pedestrians only (well, and mopeds).

...are American pop star impersonators (this one sang Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do") -- video coming when I figure out how to upload it!

.....are Chinese architectural gates everywhere (and legends that go with them).

...are various ethnic minority groups and monuments to honor them.

... billboards like this one.

....are silk and jade indigenous to Yunnan province (the jade can range from $30 to $1 million).

...is amazing food (if you have friends who know what to order for you).


...a government agent checking passports as we walk into an International Fellowship meeting so that Chinese can't get in to worship Him. Only foreigners allowed in.


The countdown to Grace is on!! We'll leave our hotel in the morning at 8:20 (7:20 Sunday night in Birmingham). We will try to post pics and video as soon as we can. You probably won't be able to see anything until Monday morning central time unless you stay up really late!! :) Thank you for the continued prayers and sweet words!

17 comments:

Katie said...

I'll be checking in later tonight! Can't wait to see that baby girl! SO Excited!!

Stacey Carden said...

Wahoo! It's so close now!! Praying you are able to rest tonight! I can hardly wait to see pictures!!!

Anna said...

Oh I'm most excited!!

Thornton's Well said...

Kelley, Scott,

Love the wonderful sense that you're giving from your posts, it's easy to envision being there too! It looks amazing! We're so excited and happy for you guys. I know you can hardly stand still. You are in our prayers, we cannot wait for you and Grace to be united tomorrow. LOL, G Expecting our TA in few days :-)

The Scott family said...

Oh how I miss it! I hope you're enjoying every minute of your time there and I can't wait for you to get Grace!

Susan said...

Your pictures & descriptions are so good! Can't wait for the next update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Picardy's said...

Yay!! I can't wait to read all about it in the morning! Congrats to both of you! Our prayers are with you.

Ashley Matteo said...

You have been doing such a great job with all your updates and i am glad yall have been able to have some fun and see the sights. BUT i really cant wait and am so excited for yall to meet your precious daughter. im sure the time is ticking away so slow but i pray for it to be a truly special and memorable time. soon you will be a family of four!

Prentices said...

I love that necklace! Great picture, and so many neat experiences...the best one is about to come! I've been counting down all day and can't wait for tonight (my time). Will check in first thing in the morning!

Fittsy said...

Teary thinking that it's very soon for you! I look forward to seeing her!

Prayerfully,

R

Emily said...

Kelley,
It is 7pm and I am dying!! Praying for you all sweet friend!

Brittany said...

I just looked at my clock - it's 730 central time - and I am saying a prayer for you and your journey to Grace!!!! She may be in your arms RIGHT NOW! What a miracle! To God be the GLORY!

Love you!

Katie said...

i am SO excited for you - i have literally been praying for you all weekend. non-stop. God is sooo good to your family - and i know that at this very moment (8:20 pm sunday night CST) that you are getting ready to hold your baby girl for the first time. i cannot imagine the emotions you both are feeling right now.

wow, girl. can't wait to wake up and see Grace is officially a part of your beautiful family! much love to you.

Whitney said...

Jason and I are praying for you constantly! We have been keeping up with the countdown and are hoping you will hold Grace any minute now! Love to you all...

Jennifer said...

my stomach is in a knot!!!! I can't wait!!! Jennifer

GLS said...

Grace is probably in your arms by now! I can't wait to see pictures when I wake up in the morning!

Shelley said...

Kelley~ I am so excited for you as I look at the clock and realize that you must have Grace by now. I am praying!! And I can't wait to see the pictures.