6.29.2011

Elation & Exhaustion

I am so tired, so I apologize for the brevity of this post. I promise to include a full update tomorrow. I want to be able to do justice to the significance of the events today. But in the meantime, here are a few pictures from this morning.

It was interesting that LiYun put her hair half up today, the way I've been wearing mine. I have never seen her hair different than the pigtails...from pictures dating back several years, she always had that same hairstyle. She looked so grown up today that I almost wanted her to put her hair back up in pigtails!

The visit with the foster family went very well. I will include more details tomorrow, but LiYun told me after parting with them, "Mommy, I am very happy."



9 comments:

Julie said...

Praying!

JJ said...

Oh I know your heart is so full!

Courtney said...

LOVE those pictures!! It looks like you've been a family of five always. :) Can't wait to hear about today (yesterday?). We love you!

Debby said...

I just popped over from "No Hands But Ours"...my! What a beautiful family you have!!!!
Congrats to all of you.......

Stacey Carden said...

LOVE these pictures Kelley! SO precious to see her and Scott like that already! It does look like she has always been a part of your family! She seems so comfortable! And so sweet about her changing her hair to be like you! Love it!

Joel and Lee-Anne said...

THANK YOU for these precious pictures :) She is just so beautiful :) Can't wait to hear all about the visit with her foster family.
You are such an inspiration to us......thankful our paths have crossed.
Much love

Vicki said...

Oh Kelley, That first photo of your husband and the girls is beautiful! Congratulations!
Vicki
Jilliana's mom
http://www.pomafmaily.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

My heart fills when I read what LiYun said to you. God is answering our prayers that she would know she is safe with you. Praise the Lord! Looking forward to your next post and praying for you all!

Lindsey said...

Just noticed the new header of the family of 6. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!

Glad to hear that things seem to still be going really well. Praying that this next week is filled with many more moments like the ones you got to see today.